Few visitors explore beyond the beautiful Algarve coastline, but the Andersons did. They say, ‘We found a countryside full of interest and beauty. From flowers and fountains, hilltops and history, to windmills and watermills, we can set your feet wandering to find them all.
But you can explore Algarve by car, too, searching out little-known points of interest — like the huge rose compass on the barren promontory of Sagres, where Prince Henry the Navigator founded his school of navigation.
But don’t think that we have ignored the beautiful and rugged coastline. Wherever it is still unspoilt and free from development, we have incorporated it into a walk.’
- 50 long and short walks, colour-coded for grade
- 1:50,000 topo maps with waypoints
- free downloadable GPS tracks
- Algarve Way highlighted on all relevant maps
- satnav coordinates to walk starting points
- 5 car tours and fold-out touring map – ideal for planning
- plan of Faro
- 20+ picnic suggestions, many suitable as short walks
- timetables for local transport
- online update service